Come watch a game, right on the edge of the field. Hear the galloping hooves, merely feet away while you tailgate with family and friends. When the chukker ends and the excitement subsides, refill your glass and play a game of catch with the children on the lawn. At halftime, walk onto the field and stomp the divots, helping put the upturned grass back into place. Take a look at this list of tips to help you prepare for a thrilling day at the Daniel Field Polo Grounds.
- General Admission tickets are $25 (General Admission side – blankets and folding chairs only; no parking at field side; no outside alcohol allowed; alcohol sales available on premises)
- Children 12 & under admitted free
- Gates open at 11:30 AM for patrons
- Polo begins at 1 PM.
- Three teams playing a round robin match totaling 6 chukkers (periods of play)
What to bring: (Note: Tailgating with vehicles only allowed on Sponsor/VIP side of field.)
- Lawn chairs
- Umbrella or shade tent
- Cooler with drinks (no glass or outside alcohol)
- Alcohol sales available on premises and in advance (VIP only) through Fat Mans (Click here to order)
- Food and snacks
- Backyard games
What to wear
Since this is a charity tournament, come dressed to impress. Ladies, break out those fancy hats, flowing sundressees, and elegant shoes. Men should dress equally as debonair, maybe in seersucker or linen pants, topped off with a stylish fedora or bowtie.
How to cheer
The louder the better. Pick a team, player, or even a pony, and let them know often that you want them to win. Players will usually allow their biggest fans to take a picture with them.
Where to park
Follow the signs to the designated parking area. Please leave at least 20 feet between your car and the field’s side boards. Horses may jump over the boards during the game, so they will need enough space to safely land.
What about pets?
While we understand that pets part of the family, we ask that you leave them at home to ensure the safety of the horses and all our guests.
Can we meet the ponies?
Get your tickets here!
Admission is just $25!